Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Zippies and Culture Identity

Clubvibes.com asked the question: What is your cultural identity?
"If you don't feel you have one, why not?"

"I culturally identify with the counter-culture. Not as much as I used to, but still to some degree. I have spent extensive amounts of time learning about the hippy lifestyle. Although, I don't identify myself with hippies, my associates have described ourselves as "Zippies". We are much like hippies, but we are stereotypically more urban, ambitious, techies, live in a faster paced world, and into avant garde style. We carry forth the rootsy values of the hippy lifestyle but do not associate with the dirt, weed consumption and (sometimes) lazy or *too* carefree of an attitude. "

http://www.clubvibes.com/forum/topic333418.html

circa Feb 2004?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?